Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount broke his goal scoring drought this season after he came off the bench to score for the Three Lions of England during the 3-3 draw with Germany at the iconic Wembley Stadium earlier this week. Home team England had to show character to bounce back in the second half.

Mount has struggled for form at Chelsea in the opening months of this season. He failed to find the back of the netat club level and against European champions Italy last week until the Germany game on Monday. The Chelsea star was benched for the 1-0 loss at Italy in Group A3 of the UEFA Nations League and his status remained the same ahead of the visit of Germany.

In the first half of the Germany game, England created the better openings while the visitors struggled to fashion out clear-cut opportunities despite their dominance in terms of possession. The first 45 minutes ended in a goalless draw, but the second 45 minutes was completely different after the two teams scored a total of six goals.

Out-of-form England defender Harry Maguire was the culprit for England as they conceded the first goal of the game. He brought down German midfielder Jamal Musiala and IlkayGundogan scored from the resulting penalty seven minutes after the half-time break. Just before the midway point of the half, Chelsea attacker Kai Havertz doubled the lead for the Germans and Chelsea player Mount had been on the field for just a minute before the second Germany goal was scored. Chelsea midfielder Mount came on as a substitute for Manchester City star Raheem Sterling on 66 minutes.

Manchester United defender Luke Shaw pulled a goal back for England on 72 minutes before Mount scored his first goal this season three minutes later. Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane then converted a spot kick on 83 minutes to give England the lead for the first time after Borussia Dortmund youngster Jude Bellingham was fouled in the box. Chelsea star Havertz pounced on the mistake from England shot stopper Nick Pope to score his second goal of the game and secure a 3-3 draw for the Germans.